Advanced Data Model in Salesforce
Advanced Data Model in Salesforce is related to external Ids, external relationships and hierarchical relationships. As we reviewed in the previous post Data Model in Salesforce, Data Model is a collection of objects related each other to represent our data in the Salesforce Database. Now we are going to see more advance information about this subject.
- Fields that contain a unique identifier from a system outside of Salesforce.
- Created with the Unique ID setting. That way, External Id values are unique to each record inside Salesforce.
- Limit can be up to 25 External ID fields on an object.
- The field type must be number, text or email.
- Are searchable in Salesforce.
- Allows linking a Salesforce object with a parent external object.
- It’s used to allows referencing data outside of the Salesforce organization.
- External object field values come from an external data source.
- Links a child external object with a parent standard or custom object from Salesforce.
- Needs a custom unique external ID field on the parent object.
- The external column name and a unique external id field are used for matching and associating the records.
Implications of External and Indirect Lookup Relationships
- External and Indirect lookup relationships are available for external objects.
- Related list of child external objects could be impacted if the external systems availability is impacted.
- Lookup searches are not available for both lookups.
- Cross-filters are not supported in reports.
- Can be defined on the User object to allow relating one user to another.
- For example, you can create a user related to their boss’ user with hierarchical relationship.
More Information of Advanced Data Model
- Introducing Relationships
- Create Object Relationships
- Report Considerations for Salesforce Connect—All Adapters
- Considerations for Relationships
If you miss the post about Data Model in Salesforce you can go there clicking here.
If you would like to get
much from this article
then you have to apply such methods to your won web
My web site … more info [Elane]
I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my web site 🙂
I’m gone to tell my little brother, that he should also pay a quick visit this webpage on regular basis to take updated from hottest reports.
Here is my site … опрессовка систем отопления