The Lightning Component Framework is a UI framework that allows building single-page web apps with dynamic and responsive user interfaces in Salesforce.
Benefits of Using Lightning Component Framework
- Utilizes event-driven architecture. Therefore, components are capable of listening and response events.
- Can build responsive applications.
- Utilizes a stateful client and a stateless server. It means, it calls the server only when is necessary incresing the effience of the app.
- Can use Aura or Lightning Web Components to build components that coexist and interoperate on a page.
- Can use in different context. For example, can be used in Custom Tabs, Lightning Experience and the Salesforce mobile app.
- Components are reusable and reduce time development.
Event-Driven in Lightning Component Framework
- Utilizes event-driven architecture which consists of event procedures, event consumers, and channels.
- To handle information in real time when an event occurs.
- Simplifies communication by decoupled event producers from event consumers.
- A component can subscribe to an application event or a visible component event.
- Theres a wide range of built-in components to build apps quickly.
- Can be responsive.
- Can be use in different devices without problems.
- Also, can build reusable components building blocks and accelerate app development.
- Can customize applications and components using the Salesforce Design Guidelines call Lightning System Design.
Multiple Uses Cases
- Components can be accessed from the navigation menu in the Salesforce Mobile App.
- In addition, Lightning components can be added to Visualforce Pages usign the <apex:includeLightning /> component.
- We can publish components on the Appexchange and shared with others.
- Standard and custom components can be added to Lightning Pages using the Lightning App Builder.
- Finally, we can use Experience Builder to add componentes in a community.
- Lightning components runs on stateful and stateless architecture to use resources efficiently.
- Increses efficiency by utilizing server, browser, devices and network intelligently.
- Client calls the server or only sends requests to it only when necessary.
- Server only sends the data that is needed by the client.
- Can use JSON format to exhange data between client and server.
- What is Salesforce Lightning?
- Why Use the Lightning Component Framework?
- Event-Driven Software Architecture
- Why Use the Aura Components Programming Model?
- Trailhead – Use Lightning Components in Lightning Experience
For more Salesforce information: Static and Instance in Apex Salesforce